Permanent Stay VISA - Move to Belgrade
page,page-id-517,page-child,parent-pageid-421,page-template-default,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-9.4.2,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12,vc_responsive

Permanent Stay VISA

For people who want to stay in Serbia indefinitely


If you are a foreigner who wants to stay in Serbia for a long period of time and you do not plan to return to your country of origin in the near future or are willing to get the Serbian citizenship at some point this is the right page for you.


In order to apply for permanent residence permit in Serbia, you need to meet one of the following requirements:  


  1. If you have lived without interruptions in Serbia for at least five years based on the temporary residence permit.
  2. If you have been married for at least three years to a Serbian citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent residence.
  3. If you are a minor staying temporarily in Serbia has one Serbian parent or one foreign parent with permanent residence (with the consent of the other parent).
  4. If you have Serbian family links.
  5. If you have been granted the permission for temporary residence due to humanitarian reasons or if this is in interest of the Republic of Serbia.


Depending on the conditions of your VISA application, you will have to provide different documentation as requested by the Ministry of Interior of Serbia suggests. 


The request for permanent residence is submitted to the registry desk of the Police Administration for the City of Belgrade, located in Bulevar Despota Stefana 107. You can see an example of the form in the following link.




If you have been granted a temporary residence in Serbia on the basis of study or education, you cannot apply for permanent residence. But, if you have spent some time in the previous period on temporary residence on the basis of study or education in the Republic of Serbia and later changed the basis of residence, you may apply for permanent residence, under the condition that only half of the time is spent on the basis of study or education.